**this post was sponsored, but please know that i only partner with brands that i support, i personally like and truly believe you would enjoy as well. the last thing you can expect me to be is fake, ain’t nobody got time fo’that xx like – the snow? again? really? it’s a bit much at this point considering its March and almost April and the snow is RILLY comin down outside. no its fine really we’ll just live in continous winter for the rest of our lives.
OKAY I’M BEING RUDE but i’m just so excited for warmer weather and sun and rooftops and delicious cocktails, etc. but thankfully, we can bring summer cocktails TO US! Malibu Rum reached out about their new campaign celebrating the Spirit of Summer and what better way to describe Malibu Rum right? because of bad immature decisions of my past, Malibu normally just reminds me of sophomore year in college and kool aid but i said – ya know what? i’m a big girl ish now, maybe it’s time to class it up with the ol ‘Bu (yes thats short for Malibu in my mind) and make a big girl cocktail right?
well what did i have around? almond milk, maple syrup, and my Malibu Rum and the inner chef i have made me feel like this truly could go one of two ways – either just horrifically gross, or splendidly beautiful. and HOLYYYYY wow the cocktail i conjured up was DELICIOUS. i wish i had this through the winter so i could have a little fun indoor summery cocktail to make it through the frigid cold.
*NOTE: if you added kahlua, baileys, disaronno- one of those – to this drink, that would be such a killer addition. in case this wasnt ENOUGH alcohol, ya know. ENJOY BABES.
COCONUT ALMOND COCKTAILPrint This
- 2 cups Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 6 oz (6 shots) Malibu Original Coconut Rum
- *Optional* Honey + Shredded Coconut
- First and foremost, take a shot with yourself of the Malbu Original Coconut Rum to put yourself in the #spiritofsummer
- If you have time, freeze some almond milk ice cubes so that when your ice melts, your drink isn’t as watery! i love doing this (especially for coffee – best way to amp up some iced coffee – but we’re neither here nor there right now)
- Put your ice cubes – boring or flavored – into a pitcher of your choosing and add in your ingredients all at once (no particular order).
- Mix to your hearts content!
- Dip the rim of your glasses in honey and then dip them into the shredded coconut. You can also use corn syrup to dip, but I always like the idea of using honey a little more…
- Pour your new delicious cocktail into the glasses and enjoy the EVERLASTING LONGEST countdown to spring that i’ve ever experienced!!
We will get there -but until then, i’ll be mixing up summer drinks with Malibu Rum to keep me in the #spiritofsummer !! loveyoumeanitkbyeletsalltakeanap